Re: Loskalmi knights in bronze

From: trentfs_at_ix.netcom.com
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 17:35:31 -0400

Peter Metcalfe:
>They are not armoured in gleaming bronze, they are armoured in
>iron as that is fairly common in the west (cf the Iron Mountains
>of Seshnela).

Oops! Shows I haven't studied the West well/recently enough! I assumed, based on the statement in RQ3 that "any otherwise-unspecified metal is bronze," that this included knights in the West (there's also a statement in the Western "What My Father Said" about paying a tribute of bronze swords; the only reference to specific-metal I found in an (admittedly hasty) scan-through last night). Anyhow, I'm glad that my image of knights in silly bronze armor is incorrect, whatever the reason.

Trent

P.S. I may post again on the Sorcery thread, depending on if I have the time later. In case I don't, though, let me say that I'm happy to see this at least being discussed -- even though several of my propositions have been disproved, and many others soundly disagreed with, I'm glad actual debate and discussion rather than the high-horse "your interpretation is wrong" pronouncements like (I felt) we were getting a few days ago.