Re: thralls; crime; GTA

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 13:10:16 -0700

Phil

> This is also what led me to ask about numbers of thralls, because they have
> a population of 1150 and 200 thralls, which I think is unsustainable in
> Orlanthi culture.

On the face of it, I agree with you -- this is too many thralls for the average Heortling clan.

But I'll bet you can take this and run with it. In order to get away with this, they must have to make some sort of concession to their thralls. Maybe thralls are required to marry. Maybe the period of thralldom is only 7 years.

Lloyd Stark

> I hope I dont shock anyone by professing that, fundamentally, most
> forms of "crime" are simply manifestations ofn "commerce", simply
> forms that contravene the local legal Powers that Be. I think,
> also, that most people would acknowledge that these tranasactions
> tend to take place discretely, often by necessity at night.

You must have a quite different definition of commerce or crime. Stealing property is hardly a mutual transaction, nor is extortion or murder.

Either that or we have wildly different ideas about how many Gloranthan cultures ban hazia and how many smoke it.

Alex Ferguson

> Can someone confirm that Initiates are getting AR, and Runemasters
> and Heroes are not (having got lots of loot already, I hasten to add)?

Initiates are not automatically getting Anaxial's Roster. Greg will send/has sent e-mail to Initiates regarding this.

According to <http://www.glorantha.com/inc/gta.html>, Rune Master benefits include Initiate benefits.

Hero benefits include all "core books," and Anaxial's Roster is listed as such at <http://www.glorantha.com/products/index.html>.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_pensee.com> Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein