Eastern/Mystic issues

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 15:50:12 +0200

>Terra Incognita:
>
>> Nils Weinander:
>> >Yes indeed, what I mean is that Durapdur is not an otherworldly
>> >realm. It's a non-realm or possibly neither a realm nor a non-realm.
>> >It's not a place you can go to and come back from, like the spirit
>> >world, the gods world or the sorcery world though.
<>

>> OK, Nirvana in RW image suited to Mystic's personal usage rather than
>> gathering consciousness.

>Yes, generally this is so. A special then is Mashunasan:
>when you 疵e liberated through Unrealization (M's method)
>you are neither there or not there any more.

>> my application to otherworld diving has similarity of such as
>> Cyberpunk Game or "Neuromancer" style otherworld is mistake for this
>> expression
>> connected alien sense to normal five sense.

>Then again, mystics do heroquest, in order to refute the
>Otherworlds as well.

>> Maybe I only intended to say about circumstance of like
>> Renegades of Road of Enlightenment ShangHsa / Sheng Seleris and
>> converts Kahar / Dogsalu and (his son) Govmeranen maybe can be
>> seen shifting from Mystical World to Theistic World and vice versa.

>I don't think the failed mystics became theists themselves,
>they are too selfish to fit in the theist mode, but they
>can have followers who start hero worship of them.

I prefer synmetrical World View as two impotant personality in west and east as Arkat / Sheng Seleris, male and female TakenEgi / Great Sister, etc... Both of Two are started from very Fundamentalist Culture (Brithos Sorcery / Pentan Animism=Sun Worship) and gained ispiration from Others (Hrestoli Indulgence / Kralori Mysticism=Sky Worship?) achieved their own Mode of Cult Structure (Stygian Heresy / Dara Happanized Theocracy)

>> Such as Andins saw this dimension because
>> they don't see themselves merely opponent of Right-thinking people same
as
>> Vadeli in Logician's World and used symbolistic easyness

>I'm sure the andins don't see themselves primarily as enemies
>of the world order. They are good worshippers of the antigods,
>whom the worshippers of the gods consider as enemies of order.

Andin Sorcerors?
Maybe I don't understand correctly the status of Mystics excommunicated from their own schools (and started their own school) or ignored "balance" of three elements.

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #803