Maboder-Kheldon

From: JeffJErwin_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 15:33:26 EDT

Further comments on the Kheldon and Maboder

The Squat Oak are though by some to be part of the Kheldon since one of Kallyr's friends came from them, though there they seem to be divided into the "Further" and "Nearer" Squat Oaks. Perhaps these are also called the Black Oaks.
We also have an "Oak Tree" clan in KoDP. Whether all these clans are related is up in the air, but it seems possible that one large Black Oak clan divided into various Oak clans.
It's kind of dubious that either of the Squat Oaks could be associated with the Maboder given that clan's antipathy to the Telmori and probably therefore to Kallyr. I would speculate that a disagreement percipitated the division of the clan and that the clans are formally the Maboder, the whatever and the whatever, perhaps all three ending up in seperate tribes (the Maboder tribe, the Kheldon and the Aranwyth?).
Taking a look at the Maboder territories I would place one clan, the Maboder/"Oak Tree" proper, across from the Gorde and Jarolar Keep and west of the Wolf Hills. The other two, arbitrarily designated (let me know if these names are taken, to avoid confusion when various sagas are posted) the Tanahart/"Catseye" and the Orlundi/"Kingfisher", would be located in south-eastern Wulfsland and along the Solfint river respectively. Queenshall would be located on the border of the Maboder and the Tanahart. Clan details:
Maboder: War clan, Ernalda-Humakt-Vinga clan [herders] Tanahart: Balanced clan, Orlanthi-Odayla-Barntar [farmers] Orlundi: Peace clan, Elmali-River cults [fishers-traders] Torkan's Vale contains the Lunar colonists, though they have villas scattered about the tribe lands.

I'm not sure how many people take an interest in this, but I do... :) Jeff