Human Sacrifices

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 21:34:13 GMT

Javier Amor:

>Besides chaos, wich human cults have human sacrifices?

Caladra (they toss captives taken from the Flowery Wars into the Volcano).

HonEel in the Lunar Empire and the Blood Sun in Chern Durel (blood-drenched corn rituals).

The Gerrans do sacrifice but claim it's voluntary. On this ground, one could also include the Teshnan Solfi.

The Orlanthi have been known to sacrifice thralls or prisoners of war to their gods. The only Orlanthi in Dragon Pass that do this often would be the Tarsh Exiles (cf Tarsh War). The Dark Earth alliance would also practice human sacrifices but I think they do it in secret.

I don't think it occurs in the West (but the worshippers of Arkat the Matryr might).