Re: Human Sacrifice

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_sierratel.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 15:16:59 -0700

> Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 08:50:38 +0100
> From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_lhr-sys.dhl.com>
> Subject: Human Sacrifice
>
> Surprisingly, none pointed out that Humakti are, in effect,
> sacrificing their opponents and perhaps themselves when killing in
> battle.

Sacrifice is not a casual evant - you have to include the whole ritual leading up to the moment you kill/burn/destroy the sacrificial object. A battle isn't the right "atmosphere" for a sacrifice in this way. Now, there probably are certain rites that a humakti can perform before the battle to "sanctify" his actions, but then he'd better not deviate *in any way* from the requirements of the ritual - no sparing an enemy just because he happens to means something to you (whether freiendship or ransom). No retreat, no quarter asked or given - you either kill all or die trying (humakt doesn't care either way).

This is sort of how I imagine the "Death Song Berserk" to work - it's not a casual feat, and scares the h*ll out of your opponents (and when an entire hero band does it...)

Roderick