Thingygamous.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 18:58:07 +0100 (BST)

Trotsky:
> Biologically, an isogamous species is one that reproduces sexually, but
> in which the gametes of the two sexes look essentially identical (so you
> can't really say which is one is male and which female).

Ah -- thought it was something like that. wasn't aware of the details.

> I suppose those 'hermaphrodite' blue elves might really be
> isogamous*, since (again, IIRC) its quite common with seaweed.

> * not that I really think they are; this is just a desperate attempt to make
> the post seem even vaguely on-topic.

Why does this not seem likely? One species of blue elf is single-sex, after all. (It's what the four-sex bhoys (etc, etc, etc) are up to that baffles me...

> Closest anthropological term I could find is 'homogamous'

I thought _that_ was a botanical term too...

Cheers,
Alex.

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #830