Mahaquata

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 23:10:20 +1200

Gary R Switzer:

>I have a half finished Bat story that attempts to explain the connection
>between Zola Umbar and bats, but AR says that all bats are the
>children of Mahaquata. Where can I find more info on Mahaquata
>and is there still that Zola Umbar/bat relationship?

Mahaquata appears in Greg's Dara Happan works and is associated with the Blue Moon Plateau there but there's little info beyond her being the Bat-winged Goddess of Death and the Assassin of Murharzarm. But since Bats are found all over the place (including Teshnos), she may be associated with Xiola Umbar elsewhere.