Re: HW Delux sales

From: Gary R Switzer <gswitzer_at_loop.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 13:01:50 -0700

(This is kinda off topic, but since Doug asked I thought everyone might be interested in seeing how a small ($150k-$190k yearly sales) game store like Aero has done with HW Deluxe so far.)

Actually for a system like HW Deluxe, that retails for $44.95, in a store the size of mine, that is doing quite well. For comparison, the new DC Heroes game from West End? I've sold 4-5 copies. Brave New World from AEG? About the same. Any new Rifts book from Paladium I can expect to sell 4 copies right off and one a week for a month or so. Keep in mind, those 8 HW Deluxes also resulted in the sale of (so far) 6-7 copies of Glorantha: Intro to the Hero Wars and 3 of the 4 copies of AR I got two weeks ago. We can hardly expect sales like that of the new 3rd Ed D&D Players Handbook (24 on the day of release, 51 in 18 days so far) can we? =) If I sell one copy of HW Deluxe a month for the next year, I'll be a happy camper, that would compare very favorably with my sales of the AH RQ Deluxe years ago.

Gary R Switzer
Aero Hobbies