Re: Elves

From: Kevin Rose <vladt_at_interaccess.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 19:18:51 -0500 (CDT)

Keith N wrote:

> I'd personally be suprised if anyone had. RhubarbQuest the Vegetable
> Playing Game. I hope to be proved wrong but aldryami are, IMO, the least
> playable of the Elder Races.

Hmm, I think the mostali really top them for unplayablity. A properly functioning mostali is basically an organic robot. They care only about their job, they have no hobbies other then improving their ability to do their job, their only real interest in life is learning to do their job better. If you run into an unfamiliar situation you should stop and ask for directions. You start having independent thoughts they "rehabilitate" you and send you back to work.

It's like roleplaying a Russian "Hero of Soviet Labor". "I must shovel 500 tons of coal this shift!" I'm sure an amusing game could be run like this, but I think the appeal might be pretty narrow unless you turn it into something like WEG's Paranoia.

Kevin