Exogamy

From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_lhr-sys.dhl.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 09:48:25 +0100

> Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 09:55:14 +1000
> From: "Hughes, John (NAT)" <JohnP.Hughes_at_dva.gov.au>
> Subject: RE: Marriage

- -..
> Some Orlanthi clans certainly practice endogamy, but not in Sartar. KOS is
> quite explicit, and the kinship and marriage arrangements reflect this:
> Heortling clans are EXOGAMOUS.

- -..

I don't recall that KoS is that clear on the matter. There IS an explicit statement that clans are exogamous, but there is also an explicit statement that Bloodlines are exogamous. Perhaps a brain-o? Exogamous clans, rather than merely exogamous bloodlines, strikes me as a big hassle.

As you point out, there are variations from tribe-to-tribe.