re: Exogamy

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 21:52:32 -0700

John Hughes

> We
> haven't yet mentioned inter-marriage with outsiders: a taboo in traditional
> society but increasingly common since the invasion.

Hardly taboo -- the first thing we ever learned about Elmal [KoS.50] is that he married into the Storm Tribe. For more detail, see KoS.195.

Definitely unusual, I'd agree. And probably on the increase, too, since there are more foreigners around.

David Cake helps unravel some of my problems with the Report on the Orlanthi:

> Even if they are part of another clan, marryin' your cousins still
> ain't right.

Thanks.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_pensee.com> Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein