Father's sap is short and weak?

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 01:55:03 +0100 (BST)

Chris Lemens:
> Well, some sorts of elf don't have a mummy elf. They have dryads. Like the
> trolls, elves seem to see daddy elf as expendable where he exists.

I concur that the yellow elves are going to worship their dryad mothers, though given they'll likely be alive at the time, this isn't ancestor worship in the most familiar sense. How they regard their fathers is an interesting question. I don't see the situation as being very troll-like, since here, there are no female( elve)s at all...

Green elves are totally different, though. They don't mate with dryads, and given their prejudices on other matters, probably give more attention to patrilineal descent than matrilinineal, if they bother about such things at all. Maybe this is important for reasons like determining who gets to the High King Elf, rather than religiously per se?

Brown elves, as is their wont, are going to be 'a little in column A, a little in column B', I would imagine.

Cheers,
Alex.