kissin' cousins

From: David Cake <dave_at_difference.com.au>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 14:01:56 +0800

        Foolishly getting involved in this furious and erudiute debate in even a small way...

David Dunham wrote:
>An exogamous bloodline marries outside itself. This may or may not be
>outside the clan, depending on whether the clan is exogamous. So it's
>an odd redundancy that, having said clans are exogamous, Greg goes on
>to say that bloodlines are as well. Unless he was clumsily saying
>that you can have sex within a clan (but not within a bloodline),
>just not marriage.

        Surely, if the clans are exogamous, there will be members of your bloodline that are part of other clans? I presume that you can be part of only one clan, but are part of the bloodline of both parents.

        Even if they are part of another clan, marryin' your cousins still ain't right.

	Cheers
		David