Black Ice

From: chris ward <chrisward_at_ed.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 08:58:50 +0100

Hi All,

Yo-Mils:
>Anyone else find the notion of the Dark Eater bringing Winter (the
>fertile season) to Prax disjointed? <snip>

Dunno any myths, so this is my rubbishy off the top of my head rational. - I reckon it can get pretty cold at night in Prax particularly in Winter. DE could be associated with extreme cases of these night chills where bad frosts occur and some of the animals, particularly the young and some types of plants may suffer. So I reckon "Winter" as in "fertile time" will come to Prax most years, but "Winter" as in " bloody hell its a bit nippy out tonight" and warnings for road traffic to avoid "black ice" (as it were) would be assosiated with DE. Two different things in effect, DE exagerates some events associated with the normal fertile winter (cooler temps) to the extent that instead of being beneficial to fertility they are deterimental.

This is a pretty dull and prosiac explanation, I am aware. But wrap up warm before your first PBEM turn Joe, as DE currently stalks the Praxian night - and is heading towards the Paps with an army of Trolls ! Will the fertility rites be disrupted ? Will the Praxian tribes be able to put aside their mutual differences to avert this threat toThe Mother's Place ? Can the Eiritha Priestesses talk the Khans into such action ? Will Ronance skid on some black ice and prang his chariot ? Will Daniel stop giving me Bad Omens and Chaotic entities, and then telling the other players I am an ally of chaos (you little rascal you, Daniel). Who knows ?