Afganistan

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 14:41:47 EDT

In a message dated 9/11/00 7:42:04PM, you write << > I wonder if this might be an explanation for the RW tendency to consider
> female education less important (as exemplified in modern Afghanistan).

 Hardly the most prepossessing of analgoues for the Orlanthi, methinks.>>

It does (OK, did) have some good parallels; plucky freedom fighters in a mountainous region suppressed by an evil empire to the north. After they are liberated it turns out what they really wanted to do was fight each other and enforce silly laws, but thats those crazy storm folk for ya!

<< This list is amazingly quiet these days. Has everyone sloped off to  the newer, trendier eGroups lists to avoid the frightening volume of  the Digest?>>

It wasn't the frightening volume but some of the frightening entities that lurk in its dark recesses. Perhaps we need a new subject; Kramersson vs Kramersdottir is OK but is more interminal than the ancient languages of Pavis.

Who thinks it is interesting that Daga "would bring peach to the world"? IS this a spelling mistake or an odd fruity association for a god of drought.

Keith N

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #843