Re: Shepherds; LBQ

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 13:30:38 -0700

Julian Lord

>I think that there are both male and female cowherds and shepherds ;
>more female cowherds than male ; more male shepherds than female.

Not sure about the distribution, given cattle are more valuable and you might want men (more often warriors) to defend them against raiders.

>But while there are both male and female cults for shepherds (Voriof,
>Heler & Nevala), there is only one cult for cowherds (Uralda).
>(Although Barntar certainly has a herder Aspect, and Voriof probably
>has a cowherder one.)

Uralda is a women's cult (note that only women may perform her heroquest in King of Dragon Pass). And the latest draft of Thunder Rebels says that only women become initiates of the Animal Mothers (Uralda, Nevala, etc.). This doesn't prevent men from sacrificing to Uralda, of course.

Andrew Larsen

>I thought that killing your opponent was a way to reconcile, or at least
>resolve the dispute.

That never resolves disputes, since now the victim's kin needs to obtain vengeance.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_pensee.com> Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein