Re: Glorantha's Future

From: Grawe, Philipp <pgrawe_at_tusc.com.au>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 08:28:55 +1100

> From: "Hughes, John (NAT)" <JohnP.Hughes_at_dva.gov.au>
> Subject: Glorantha's Future
>
> CAFFEINE-CRAZED RAMBLINGS ON GLORANTHA'S FUTURE
<snip>
> What do you think?

As a slight aside, for me personally, the Gloranthan Visions book in the Deluxe Hero Wars did a huge amount to change my way of thinking about Glorantha. I've always found that other people's fiction gives me a foothold in the world, it clarifies the system (ie. how to represent different actions and situations using HW or RQ). More importantly it gives an understanding of how the societies work. Sure, everyone realises that Orlanthi aren't Northern European Barbarians (although there are parallels, of course), but "The Road of Kings", for example, gave a very clear insight into what Orlanthi are actually like, or rather, gave me some neat ideas on what I reckon Orlanthi are actually like and what they'd be like in my games.

Harry.