Re: Shepherds

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 13:40:32 EDT

Alex:

<< Perhaps the crux of this is simply, what is Uralda the goddess _of_, precisely? The epithet 'animal mother' might imply that she's associated much more strongly with cows rather than bulls (or it might not -- beats me).>>

      This seems to me to be the clear implication of 'The Migration Download' myth in AR. In this myth, Vingkot is shown herding the bulls, which might suggest that he's associated with that task to some extent in addition to his more obvious attributes.

      Uralda's 'female cow' relationship is further implied in 'Vadrus and the Logic Tribe', although as that's Fronelan, not Heortling, it doesn't necessarily tell us much. And anyway, Urox obviously isn't a herding deity!

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky