Re: Transgendered Naffness

From: Loren Miller <loren_at_ioxy.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 22:39:51 -0500

I also think that Nandan is a silly idea.

First, the man who can become a woman seems to be Trickster territory. Trickster is the one who can break all the boundaries.

Second, the supposed female rough equivalents, Vinga and Babeester Gor, do not develop male sexual organs or otherwise take the male role in fertility. They are perfectly capable of having children in the same way as other women. There is no indication that these two violent female figures are somehow tied to fertility that allows them to reproduce sapphically or even parthenogenetically.

That said, there are other silly things in Glorantha. I don't think that Nandan is any sillier than nasobemes, gulpers, maidstone archers, and ducks. But, the cult as rumored is definitely silly.

Cheers,
Loren