Great Kilt Mystery solved

From: Kevin P. McDonald <paul_mcdonald_at_ncsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 09:27:18 -0400

Hey John,

> I'm amazed by number of confessed kilt-wearers on the list. Is it true what
> they say about what Celts wear beneath their kilts?

Well... as my father demonstrated to a living history audience some years ago - white boxer shorts with red polka-dots. The moral of the story being "If you are going to pretend to be shot in a kilt, be sure to fall up hill!" To add to the fun, he only became aware of the situation *after* the unit commander ran at him with broadsword aimed squarely at his lower quarters...

~Kevin