Re: clothing & climate

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 18:45:20 +0100 (BST)

David Dunham:

> However, Dragon Pass is pretty much the highest point on the continent

How so? Have map-makers neglected to note a 1 in 6 slope on all the rivers, or some such? Or are you comparing the heights of the peaks?

> Bottom line was really Greg saying that Vikings were the model for
> Quivini dress. Add justification to taste.

I'd rather add a lack of senseless exclusivity "to taste". And I'd bet Greg would too, if anyone troubled to ask him. As the Vikings didn't have Babeester Gor Axe-Maidens, it doesn't help us much there anyway, which you might recall was the original topic (and this thread an extremely non-forcing exercise in justification back-chaining).