Re: Nandan Digressions

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 22:58:06 +0100 (BST)

guy hoyle:
> Just a short bit here: the possibility of doing something involving a man or
> a woman "not born of woman" in a game is tremendously tempting to me; a
> magic item that can only be wielded by such a person, or the missing heir to
> a throne, or a riddle to be solved, for starters.

Nice one. It certainly beats the pants (or indeed kilt) off the rationale of its parent usage (and source of the phrase), which relies on snore-inducing sophistry about the word 'born'. (i.e. a C-section. Hope that wasn't a big spoiler for all of you that were waiting for the movie version to come out...)