Mr. Larsen throws in the towel

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_gslis.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 11:32:45 -0500

Julian Lord

>One can indeed discover a consistent and non-contradictory
>structure for Glorantha : the Inner World can be described
>with great clarity. Only one Sun. Only one Sky. The Wind
>blows the same way everywhere (bar local phenomena),
>and the rules that are expected in a reasonably ordered
>cosmos are eminently applicable.

        The climate of Dragon Pass thread seems to suggest that the wind doesn't blow the same way everywhere. In Dragon Pass, it blows at the whim of gods and godlings of various sorts; in the West it seesm to blow because of natural law. I'm not sure what happens if a follower of Orlanth tries to affect winds in the West. Is it harder? Does he need to learn to speak to the local gods?

>the One True Sun of Glorantha is a big
>yellow fiery thing up in the Sky. This is the only relevant
>fact for the macrocosmic coherence that some posters want
>for their Gloranthas.

        Well, no. However, I think we're going around in circles, and I get the strong feeling that I'm boring the rest of the list. If you want to email me off-list, I'll be glad to keep discussing this.

Peter Larsen