HW subjective....

From: Dom Twist <thazar_at_globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 22:05:23 +0100

Trent>

>Given the tendency of 'real values' vs 'subjective terms' in HW supplements
to date, my guess is you're setting yourself up for disappointment here...

Yup.......I am alone in finding HW a little lacking on this totaly subjective footing? I dont want to start another HW is Good/bad theme but its more than a little 'fuzzy' for some of us old RQ/Pendragon Pass Gloranthans. It seems to Me that HW paints with a very broad brush a lot of the time. I know the rules can handle arguing over ownership of cattle between neighbouring steads from rival clans but....I dont see players doing it much. The whole 'Movie Plot' mech seems against it. My point being how will this affect 'Our Glorantha'? will we lose the finely tuned details like the wonderfull Lismelder campaign seen in TotRM?

My own Glorantha will remain RQ untill such time as the PC's either become RuneLords and Hero's whereapon it will transmute into HW or settle down and have kids were Pendragon will prob take over.....if they try to do both the Lunars will burn their steads down but dont tell my Pc's! <B-}

DomT