[none]

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 19:25:19 +0300

:Alex:
: ...The first port of
:evocative call for someone running (say) an Orlanthi campaign should
:be, what is the Orlanthi truth? Second guessing oneself as to how this
:might be different from (and sorry Nils, I still think the implication
:is, inferior to) the objective truth, is a diversion or worse.

This is weird. Glorantha is a world where cultures holding widely different worldviews clash. When your orlanthi come against Dara Happans, or Malkioni, you need to know how to handle it.

On the simplest level one just accepts Rune Quest's or Hero Wars's reality modelling, and runs with that. Even if you do it like that, you have a higher level of reality, and that is the Hero Wars mechanics, which the Orlanthi or the Dara Happans would definitely not know about.   One subjective worldview is not enough if, in the game, the characters are going to encounter things from outside their wordlview, or sentients holding different views.

        -Adept

I think I think... Therefore I think I am.