Objectivity and "evil" lunars

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2000 19:16:01 +0300

: ...A published book stating
:Chaos is Really Bad, the Lunars are Wrong about this, and several other
:things. Do you want to play a Lunar haracter?
:
:Keith N

As I've said, moral values are cultural, not objective. I want to understand that chaos is, and how it influences those that embrace it. The sorceror was a very interesting NPC, and unfortunately met an untimely end in the hand's of the Sartarites (and a Pol Joni Stormbull)

If The ultimate truth is that chaos is corruptive, and ultimately destructive, but gives great power in the short term, why wouldn't I want to play a Lunar? The lunar culture gives quite adequate reasoning for why they use these powers. The Lunar culture is very interesting, and I have no trouble playing a Lunar character, whether he/she is a kind idealist, or a jaded bastard, only seeking his/her own good.

I don't see how having more knowledge into the workings of Glorantha undermines any of the cultural data. Are you saying that every culture needs to be of equal moral footing? [This sounds like some trauma about cultural subjectivity... and how it's evil to try to pass moral judgement on other cultures.]

        -Adept

I think I think... Therefore I think I am.