Surviving the troll occupation

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_mac.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 08:50:35 -0400

on 10/23/00 9:13 PM, Peter Metcalfe wrote:

(quoting me)
> Simply argued--how else
>> would they have survived?
>
> Wretched servitude...

I agree that this was one of the ways humans survived. Nevertheless, it seems odd to think that ALL the humans in the sealed old city were in servitude. Why would completely dominant trolls have allowed the various cults of humanity to remain, in what had to have been an open fashion?

I've got a working version of the history of the troll occupation on my website at http://homepage.mac.com/mdawson/ptimeline.html

It's much more interesting to assume that some humans were slaves, some p aid tribute (perhaps even in human sacrifice) while others resisted successfully.

Ian Thompson wrote:
>I'd be interested to see how this could be adapted into keywords for Old
>Pavic warriors

I've also worked this into my draft of Pavic Keywords at http://homepage.mac.com/mdawson/keyword.html

One of the options for these characters is a choice of "Hate Trolls or Fear Trolls or Hate Nomads." Any of those can be used to boost a skill. I've also listed a Troll Fighting Lore Mental skill for warriors. - --
Mike Dawson mdawson_at_mac.com http://homepage.mac.com/mdawson "'The state of your mind will be most important as you perform the ritual,' she had said. 'But how can I control the state of my mind?'

'That's what the ritual is for'.
'Circular reasoning,' I said.
'It is not,' she had said, 'a reasonable matter.'"---Steven Brust