Runic Polarities

From: Olli Kantola <nysalor_at_lyyra.kempele.fi>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 10:54:35 +0200 (EET)

John :

> There are two issues here for me; one is exactly how polarized "The Ten
> Ancient Polarities" actually are.

They are totally different, but essentially the same. ;) Death brings life, truths are lies, disorder can cause harmony, etc. Every power-rune, ecxept cosmos and chaos can be said to have greated the world. This is seen in many myths. All of these myths happen simultaneously (what a weird expression in Godtime). While Death seperates something from nothing, Fertility creates something and nothing from the joining of these two before. I seem to think that nothing (chaos) is just the anti-something (something==cosmos) and seems like that only because when you combine cosmos and chaos only the void that was *before* remains (a sort of matter anti-matter thing).

I also think that Fate and Luck (Arachne Solare and the Trickster, who works in many guises indeed!) were *before* the more convential power-runes...

This is a small part of a theory that a MAJOR NPC has developed IMG for ages. He is anti-lunar BTW, and his theory gives him a reason to resist them.

Olli Kantola