farmers

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 17:37:42 EST

In a message dated 11/27/00 8:27:47PM, you write:

<<
 I do think that the orlanthi recognize heroic lawspeakers, farmers,  smiths, cow midwives... and not for their combat skills. >>

I still do not agree. I agree that there are exemplary farmers, fantastic lawspeakers and rather smashing cow midwives but I think that they would agree with Keener Than that the Hero's Path is not for them. This is the idea that it is not really a good idea to be a Hero, it is an extreme position necessary because the world is doomed, but a necessary evil. 'Heroic' farmers just don't fit this bill. Excellent farmers do exist, as good at farming as heroes might be at being heroes but still not heroes. Farmers who perhaps discover the plough maybe, but not just people who can do stuff really well.

Keith N