Gloranthan Heroes

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 12:29:31 EST

In a message dated 11/29/00 2:20:24PM, you write:

<< What is the definition of 'Hero'? What differs a Hero from, say, someone  who has
 a normal leadership position, powerful magic, or is the leader of a  community?

 I suspect this will be a weighty question here on the Digest.

 Chris Bell >>

IMO, there are far stricter definitions of being a Hero in Glorantha than elsewhere. It is an actual status that is achieved in some way. There are very few Capital H Heroes, the fact that there are more than normal in the 1620's is a sign of bad things to come. Argrath is only a normal Hero. I do not think clan champions (10w2) are anywhere near Hero status (10W3 according to rules).

Keith N