Loskalmi views of the Lunars

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 12:43:14 +1300

Trotsky

>Er, anyway, the point is, that's why we Malkioni always win against the
>likes of... no the Lunars defeating the Carmanians does *not* count.

I'm not so sure that the Loskalmi will be aware of this. Across the cultural divide, people will have somewhat confused notions about the histories of other people.

To use a RW example, the Muslims neighbours of the Byzantine Empire were well aware that the latter called themselves Romans. A few scholars knew about and were puzzled by barbarians called Latins that also claimed to be Romans. One scholar thought that the Latins used to live around Constantinople before they were expelled by the Romans.

Turning to glorantha: The Loskalmi know that ever since the Flood, their kind have settled beyond the sweet sea. Any lunars that they meet up the Janube and beyond the Sweet Sea are either Arrolians (who have western customs and practices) and the aforementioned Carmanians whom they know are Malkioni heretics. The Arrolians say they once lived in the Empire but were forced to leave and persecuted by the Carmanians afterwards. The Carmanians claim to be the backbone of the Empire. So the simplest inference for the Loskalmi to make is that the Empire is a corrupt Malkioni Empire of which the dominant sect is Carmanian.

>God King Gundreken!

An odd thing for a drill sarge to say.