Vinga Desktop Wallpaper

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_primus.com.au>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 11:23:08 +1100

For those interested in that 'naturalistic Vingan' 3-d model I've been working on, you can download a rendering from

http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/nysalor/vingaDT.jpg

The file is approx 90K, it is an 800*600 and has been designed as desktop wallpaper. The theme is Thunder Rebels.

The 'Cradledaughter' model is a 3-D object build and modified in Poser 3. It is fully poseable and can be viewed from any angle. In the instance above, the rendered image was combined with a background, touched up and logo etc. added in Photoshop.

I belive that Lee Moyer's cover illo for Hero Wars was constructed in a similar fashion.

Lately I've imported the model in Bryce 3-D, and am building a Sartarite landscape around it with dolmens and mountains. Bryce allows much more detailed renders and control of light and textures, but I've discovered that my Cradledaughter texture map (the painted surface of the model) needs extra detail to take advantage of Bryce. There's more work ahead! I'm also building a male humakti in Poser, and the resulting group dioramas will have a bit more 'story' and life.

Fair Winds for Sacred Time

John

nysalor_at_primus.com.au                          John Hughes

For every thing that lives is holy, life delights in life; Because the soul of sweet delight can never be defil'd. - - William Blake.