Lunar Cities

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_mac.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 00:13:21 -0500

On Tuesday, December 12, 2000, at 04:24 PM, daniel posselt <tposselt_at_yahoo.com> asked

> 1. Where should this be set? It should be an
> important city (to give me a chance to have some fun
> with everything that goes on there), but not glamour
> or one of the Tripolis, as the players' family
> shouldn't be so important in a large city.

Ah, Lunar cities. For my money, there's no more interesting "low profile" place than Dorkath, the Font of Decadence. Where special plumbing carries wine to revellers, where everyone knows the Fifteen Kinds of Baths, and swords are forbidden to citizens within the city walls. Ah, to witness the nobles there, vying for inclusion in the Crane Dance, testing their mettle (and heads) in their Stick Clubs, promenading to the orgy with their most beautiful wives and husbands in tow....

I like to think about it as Mardi Gras every month.

As far as trading goes, wine importing is a Very Big Business in Dorkath.

When I mentioned Dorkath to Stafford early this year, his response was "Dorkath? That's the orgy city, right?"

Show your players a really good time...Dorkath, where their variation on the Lunar motto is "We Are All Drunk!"

Anyone every run something in Dorkath? My work on it was as background to a self-exile lordling sent to Prax. Great fun explaining various kinds of baths to open-mouthed Praxians who never bathe.... Mike Dawson Macintosh Tech Director on severance mdawson_at_mac.com http://homepage.mac.com/mdawson Sent to you using Mac OS X - the future of Macs!