UROX AND THE MOON

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_airmail.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 08:06:48 -0600

Considering that Uroxi and Storm Bulls have a sworn duty to seek out Chaos whenever and wherever they learn of it, and since the Red Moon up in the sky (Rufelza? Don't have a book handy) is widely regarded as chaotic, why hasn't any Uroxi/Storm Bully who can see the danged thing long since tried to charge the danged thing?

I've come up with some possible reasons, but I don't know which (if any) is considered possible.

  1. They DON'T see the moon as chaotic, for some reason. Would Illumination apply? They can tell that the moon OUGHT to be chaotic, but their senses don't register them as chaotic.
  2. They know it's chaotic, but they also know it's too powerful for them to take right now, and content themselves with combatting lesser manifestations of chaos. Later, though... (Nah. Too much long-range planning for the Storm Bullies ;-) )
  3. There's a loophole here somewhere. They do see her as chaotic, but there's another reason they're not charging full-tilt at the heavens. I just don't know what it is.
  4. They just can't GET there!! Storm Bull doesn't provide Flight to his worshippers. (OTOH, Uroxi in particular might be able to join Vanganth the Flyer's cult as an ititae, and go sailing into the Middle Sky on a kamikaze mission.)
  5. The ever-popular "None of the Above".

Thoughts?

We Meddle in God's Domain So That You Don't Have To