weapons

From: Mikko Rintasaari <rintasaa_at_mail.student.oulu.fi>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 10:24:31 +0200

:I re-iterate the point.....1 Handed shield use with shield is at its most
:effective when used as a mass formation----in single combat its a little
:to easy to counter and using only your shield to defend will get you
:killed in a longer fight.....
:
:DomT

This is what my experience says also. A 2h spear on the other hand is a nasty weapon against most other weapon combinations, but it well get you killed in a free-for-all clan vs. clan melee (you need space). The weapon of choise for orlanthi Housecarls and other weaponthanes would seem to be the sword, and the weapon of the fyrd the spear. Makes sense, really :)

        -Adept

I think I think... Therefore I think I am.