FHQ/KoDP questions

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 08:50:19 -0600

Greg Stafford says:

>Has anyone considered the death of the queen?

        I was thinking about this after sending in my last post -- the process of courting the Feathered Horse Queen and becoming King of Dragon Pass. How long does the Kingship last? The death of the King seems an obvious stopping point, (so, potentially, does the death of the Queen), but are there ritual obligations? (I'd bet yes) Geases/Taboos? (yes, again) Does the candidate have to be a ruler? (probably) Stay a ruler (i.e. can Moirades retire as King of Tarsh and stay KoDP)? (got me) How much do you have to rule (could Ethilrist do it)? (I bet not) Can the KoDP be usurped? (um...)

        It seems that the candidate and the Queen need to physically interact for only a couple of years, after which they go their own ways (althought I'd bet there are various ritual meetings after that). Does the Queen have a say in the process as a person, not an office? "No, I won't even start with you, you are a Lunar puppet." Or does she have to accept any qualified candidate that comes forward (I suppose she could make it easier for someone she likes as a person or a politician)? Also, what about Queens (I realize KoDP deals with this, but is that canonical or a game artifact to let tribes with queens win)?

Peter Larsen