Re: Babester Gor

From: Donald R. Oddy <donald_at_grove.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 01:25:15 GMT

>From: "John Hughes" <nysalor_at_primus.com.au>

>If BB Gor was born 'dead' and is Dark Earth, then perhaps Devotees lose
>their fertility and cease menstruating altogether.

[snip]
>We seem to have a couple of alternatives for devotees:
>
>* Prematurely menopausal 'crones'.
>* Permanently PMT, as suggested by Jane - I'm sure this is the 'mythic'
>truth spread by non Gori.
>
>and a tentative third...
>
>* Reversion to a pre-menache (feral child) state: breasts and secondary sex
>characteristics recede.

I rather think it is a deliberate rejection of fertility, removing the "curse", a magical form of sterilisation. BB Gor is the wronged woman who will never forgive or forget and only those women who have that state of mind will join the cult. After all Vinga provides a much less extreme cult for those with a specific target for revenge. FWIW I don't think BB Gori are common at all, the tradition is well known and every clan has stories about them and the odd relic but actual devotees are few and far between. Certainly no regiments of axewomen.