Re: Mixed Worship

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 15:02:01 EST

Donald Oddy:

<< the Hrestoli Church combines Sorcery with Theism >>

     No, the Hrestoli Churches use sorcery alone. That includes miracles and blessings as well as the grimoire-related spells, but none of those things are at all theist. There is no God but the Invisible God. Theist magic is a great naughtiness before the eyes of the Lord, and shall be expunged by our righteous sorcerer knights. Nicely expunged, of course - we aren't Rokari!

    You are most likely thinking of the henotheists in Ralios, at least some of which do use a combination of the two types of magic (although probably not in the same individual).

Forward the Golden Banner of Flame!

     Trotsky