Uleria

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 21:10:04 +1200

Andrew Larsen:

> > Why would they need to supplement her worship with other goddesses?
> > She works just _fine_ in the city.

> In the RW, polytheistic cultures are instinctively inclusive.

But they do not worship every possible god (and demons are right out). The Indians do not worship the Ashuras nor the Zoroastrians the Devas.

>Another thing I've been thinking about is why urban Sartarites would
>worship her. There was some discussion a few weeks or so ago about the
>problems of forming a city out of different tribes with different traditions
>who have different ancestors. Since Uleria is a goddess of community, she
>seems like a natural patron for the creation of new communities.

But the Orlanthi have perfectly decent wyter rituals to create patrons for new communities. I really cannot see why Uleria is necessary for the Heortlings since they see her as a demon.

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #328