Re: Temple of Orlanth the Victorious?

From: Peter Nordstrand <doctorpeace_at_yahoo.se>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 12:41:28 +0200 (CEST)

Tuna Artun:

> To the east, on the edges of Marthehiording
> territory there's a hill called "Hill of Orlanth
> the Victorious" (on Owlflight Crest) and it also
> bears a runic inscription--is this a temple? And
> if so, does it belong to the Culbreans or the
> Aranwyth?

When Orlanth departed upon the Lightbringers Quest, his journey began at this hill. It is also the place where Harmast Barefoot departed upon his Lightbringers Quest.

The hill is on Culbrean territory, though I suppose it is of religious and magical importance to every Orlanthi.

In 1613 Euglyptus the Fat (1602-1613) sent an army of 4,000 veteran soldiers to provoke the rebels led by Kallyr Starbrow, by pillaging the Hill. The expeditionary forces were destroyed in an ambush, or died fleeing towards the support army.

Jerome:

> The Hill is an Orlanth sacred site, and
> IIRC there's a spiralling pathway
> leading to its top (like an Air rune). I
> think the Culbrea use it for their rites.

I have never heard or read anything about a spiralling pathway. There may be one anyway, of course ;-), but aren't you thinking about Stormwalk mountain?

/Peter Nordstrand

Do You Yahoo!?
Ditt_namn_at_yahoo.se - skaffa en gratis mailadress på http://mail.yahoo.se