Aroka

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 10:42:10 +1200

Peter Mcaveney:

>Last night I was skimming the copy of D:LoD I won on eBay and preparing a
>writeup of this heroquest. Suddenly it clicked - in the myth (KoS) it
>mentions that Aroka's lair is just past the "poisonthorn acre." That forest
>is, of course, in Dorastor (or whatever it was called back in the storm age.)
>Thus the chaos infestation ...

Thunder Rebels p144 has Aroka invading somewhere in the shoreline between Genert's Garden and Neargreen Forest, which is still well to the southeast of Kerofinela. Orlanth fights Aroka at the Second Dragonslaying. Although this is closer to home, it is still to the southeast of Dragon Pass (the site of the First Dragonslaying) and close to the borders of Genert's Garden (which may or may not include Prax).

Since the people who sent Aroka are the Blue Tribe, some connection with the Isle of Melib (then dominated by the blue-skinned Zaranistangi) seems plausible.

>P.S. I remember reading somewhere that Aroka = Oslir, but can't find it.

         Oslira sent on:  After Orlanth slew Aroka, he sent the
         remaining part of the Blue Dragon against the Solar
         Empire as the Oslira River.
                         Thunder Rebels p145