Re: Dead Place serpents

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 09:35:15 +0200

Keith Nellist:

> > Do some/any/all of the Dead Place serpents flow uphill ?
>
> I think the Wicked Writher does, it goes anywhere it can. DO you mean Dead
> Bottom, rather than Dead Place? I didn't know there were serpents in the Dead
> Place.

I mean Dead Place.

But of course, my question is thematically related to the Dead Bottom serpents.

The big trollpak map has the Adari and Zalador/Dozalin rivers flowing into the Dead Place, plus a third watercourse which looks suspiciously like a serpent to me. All of these are "seasonal rivers" according to the map key.* They all have little "serpent heads" in the Dead Place. Does that make them all "serpents" in Praxian parlance ? Or just the third unnamed one and any other similar small watercourses of Dead Place, not specifically called "rivers" ?

I think that the Adari and Zalador/Dozalin flow downhill at least (or we'd have heard about them doing otherwise).

Also the heads are inside the Dead Place, so I'd guess that the three that are shown flow downhill normally.

Does the Dead Place have "serpents" though ?

Julian Lord