Re: The Glorantha Digest V8 #359

From: Topi Pitkanen <topi.pitkanen_at_helsinki.fi>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 16:09:03 +0300 (EEST)

> The Orlanthi term for Chaos _is_ Predark. See the definitions
> in Thunder Rebels p10.

I agree, but the time KoS was written the term wasn't that well defined. KoS uses both words Chaos and Predark, and IMO the words don't feel completly synonumous in King of Sartar.

Weren't they not only 85% the same thing then?

> The Logic Tribe doesn't help Heort in their version of I Fought
> We Won. That's a God Learner Understanding and not something
> that any Heortling would automatically agree with.

Thank you Greg and Peter.

I have stupid feeling that if I had stopped to think about the IFWW-subject as a whole I should have known this.

I was still on the right track in my general main point: for heortlings the IFWW is about Heort and Hengal not about the power of meldeks.

Yet another example how the Old World seems to get the better the less God Learner legasies there are.

The New World on the other hand... I hope its in part about integration and creative synthesis of the the parts that are left from the Old World after these rather strong - allthough insightful! - divisions to Four plus X mastery pieces.

"Any worldwiew that isn't strange is automatically false."