Re: slowdown

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 01:32:35 EDT

In a message dated 29/05/01 19:29:17, you write: David Cake:
<< > I think I now understand why discussions here have slowed:

    I am suspicious that the slowdown appears to have roughly  coincided with moving to subscriber only posting (people who are  subscribed often post from slightly different addresses than the one  subscribed) >>

I am not sure that is the main reason, but think that the number of other forums means that discussion on the digest hasn't got a critical mass to get going. Often discussion arose from game-related events - these are now specifically dealt with on HeroWars on yahoo groups, further, more esoteric discussion does not develop from that, or is too obscure for the stated 'game-related' aims of that group. I also think the fact that new stuff is coming out all the time now means that there is much more to read and much less to discuss, I can hardly take all the new stuff in, let alone disagree with someoneon the minutiae.

In passing, I will mention "imperialpavis", on yahoogroups which is really only a load of background info (actually, not much useful info, more not-very-useful'colour') on my 2nd age Founding of Pavis game.

Keith Nellist