[HPG] Transcendant gods

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 12:23:41 +0200

Jerome :

> I'm trying to comprehend a little better how Glorantha works behind the
> scenes..

Good luck !

> The transcendant realm is "beyond" the 3 otherworlds, this being a reason
> why they stand in the path of mystics, facing them with otherworldly
> temptations on their way up to transcendance.

Hmmm .... actually, from Greg's explanations during the High Philosophy of Glorantha (HPG) seminar, all of the worlds (except for some hypothetic isolated Short Worlds) have a transcendental aspect to them, explained in this version of the cosmology as a direct or indirect "connection" to that realm. I'll *pretend* not to understand anything more than that so as not to bore the list members any further with these 'deep' matters ...

It should be said that, depending on one's understanding of these terms, what Greg calls the 'transcendent realm' might (by some philosophers, monotheists, or mystics) be referred to as the 'immanent realm' (among many other names).

Ineffable, anyway, and so it should remain.

Julian H.P.G. Lord

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #426