Re: Dragons, dinosaurs and digging deeply

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_primus.com.au>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 14:11:19 +1000

Heys folks

Ben Wagoner, thanks for that great piece of speculation on Sartar.

DRAGONS, DINOSAURS, DIGGING DEEPLY In moments of strictly non-orthodox speculation, I've mused on the possibility that the pockets of dinosaur-type creatures that inhabit parts of Dragon Pass -

Earthshakers? Do they mind being domesticated? Do they notice? Or do they regard it as some form of puberty ritual in which they make big marks in the earth, wear neat stuff and get to bellow at Heortlings with pointed sticks. (The similarities with Orlanthi puberty rituals will be obvious to discerning readers.)

I explored some of this in campaign once, but Danwyr Can't-be-Moved became Danwyr Squished-Between-Toes, and that was enough dinosaurs for one campaign.

John 'Can you channel a steggie?' Hughes

nysalor_at_primus.com.au                 John Hughes

Music, states of happiness, mythology, faces belabored by time, certain twilights and certain places try to tell us something, or have said something we should not have missed, or are about to say something; this imminence of a revelation which does not occur is, perhaps, the aesthetic phenomenon.