Re: Re: EWF and David's game

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 07:15:38 -0700 (PDT)

First of all, thank you, David, for the infos.

> History of The Empire of the Wyrms Friends (EWF
> Propaganda)

I would not call it propaganda, sice it looks to me as rather correct, but that's maybe because I am an EWFan.

> Our ancestors prepared for over ten years, and in
> 578 finally
> freed themselves. We call this the Tax Slaughter,
> but it was actually
> several large battles, both day and night, against
> troll armies from
> both Dagori Inkarth and the Shadowlands. Finally,
> our ancestors drove
> the trolls out of Dragon Pass, and freed themselves
> from the odious
> taxation.
> Only a few years before, Vistikos Left-Eye, one of
> the first
> to learn draconic speech, formed the first Waltzing
> and Hunting Band,

What is "Waltzing" for? Dancing, jumping, zapping? Why the bands were called so?

> and spread the wisdom of the draconic way. The newly
> freed people
> united together with the dragonewts of Dragon Pass,
> and formed the
> Empire of the Wyrms Friends. They formed a Diet,
> where everyone could
> be represented.
> Over a hundred years ago, the Emperor hired a tribe
> of Horse
> People from the north to help us conquer Prax. They
> moved into Prax,
> but couldn't displace the Praxian nomads. Finally,
> 37 years ago at
> the Battle of Third Wing, the Battle Banner summoned
> three flights of
> helpers, and we decisively beat the Praxian beast
> riders, who fled
> eastward across the River of Cradles.
> In 718, the Waertagi ships which had ruled the seas
> were
> destroyed at the Battle of Tanian's Victory, and the
> God Learners, an
> empire far to the west, began spreading quickly by
> ship.
> In 720, the God Learners they reached the mouth of
> the River
> of Cradles and built the city of Feroda. The river
> is named because
> giants build huge cradles and float their babies
> downstream to the
> sea. The God Learners began capturing these cradles.

So Prax was a sort of "Trading land" used by EWF to buy God Learners' sympathy (conquered by EWF allies but given to the God Learners in exchange for what?)

Gian

Do You Yahoo!?
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

End of The Glorantha Digest V8 #463