Orlanth and Storm

From: Claude Manzato <manzato_at_club-internet.fr>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 10:18:50 +0200

Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> In the case of Urox, his storm powers are modified by his brutal
> disorder and his death (there's also some major juju from his
> spirit nature but I'll ignore that for now). These give him
> powers that Orlanth does not have yet at the same time they
> distance him from the primal storm powers.

Are not Orlanth's storm powers modified by his other runes (mastery and movement)? Before Orlanth was born I think Umath was owner of the storm rune, and possibly he didn't have the same runic conections than Orlanth. The goal of the lunar may be to transfer the storm rune ownership to another air god (Molanni, Sagarsh) so that the nature of storm is changed because the greatest storm god would have other aspects associated. Of course this occured before the compromise and is not allowed after time was born, but the lunars are famous for pushing the compromise to the limits.