Re: Heortling Triads

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 00:11:56 +0100 (BST)

John Hughes:
> This post is a slightly longer, modified version of a post I made to the
> HW list.

I hate to be too much of a curmudgeon (or at least, to be seen to be making a habit out of it), but isn't this making something of a mockery of the supposed distinction between the purposes of the three lists, and those two in particular? (Well, OK, _increasing_ the existing mockery...) I don't recall "longer and modified" being written into the Digest charter, as its distinguishing characteristics...

(Though I personally liked it a lot, and will be finishing reading it in more (longer, modified?) detail once I've watched The Sopranos, and were I to make the distinction, I'd have said it was a more "Digest-appropriate" post in the first place... (Don't scare the newbies with list-poetry, they might have Billy Joel flashbacks!))